- In addition to my private practice, I provide PEER COUNSELING SERVICES to mental health consumers through a local center for independent living (LILA).
- I serve as QUALITY OF LIFE CONSULTANT with a provider agency for the DD population.
- I lead a weekly MEN'S GROUP for individuals on the autism spectrum.
- I developed a mind/body adaptive martial arts program and lead related workshops: UNLEASH THE BEAST
- I developed and teach a personal growth workshop: JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SELF.
- I co-founded a disability rights activist (ADAPT) chapter in Oregon.
- I authored a book, "BEYOND THE HORIZON: A GUIDE TO RECOVERY FROM BRAIN INJURY AND OTHER HAPPENINGS."
- I served six years on the State Independent Living Council (SILC), during which I participated in disability advocacy and educational efforts around the country.
- Since launching my Life Coaching practice out of my garage in 2008, I have had the honor of working closely with many individuals and their families to realize their unique pictures of success.
- My resume includes jobs with diverse populations in settings ranging from an acute psychiatric crisis ward to vocational rehabilitation sites.
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden University, 2018
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) from Baraka Institute, 2009
- Graduate course work in Rehabilitation Counseling, 2005-2006
- BA from Lewis and Clark College, 2004
I grew up alongside an older brother on the autism spectrum and spent much of my childhood helping out in his classrooms and extracurricular programs. Then at age 12 I was hit by a semi-truck and sustained a severe traumatic brain injury. The next fifteen years of my life were host to a long string of successes and setbacks. Near the end of those fifteen years I was introduced to martial arts, through which I gained confidence and learned to move in ways I had previously considered impossible. As my physical body grew stronger and more agile, so too did my mental and spiritual faculties. Since then, I have continued to seek new opportunities to improve my skill set. The satisfaction that comes with hard work and dedication has become for me the ultimate joy in life.