- In addition to my private practice, I provide PEER COUNSELING SERVICES to mental health consumers through a local center for independent living (LILA).
- I serve as QUALITY OF LIFE CONSULTANT with a provider agency for the DD population.
- I lead a weekly MEN'S GROUP for men who identify with disability.
- I developed a mind/body adaptive martial arts program and lead related workshops: UNLEASH THE BEAST
- I developed and teach a personal growth workshop: JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF SELF.
- I co-founded a disability rights activist (ADAPT) chapter in Oregon.
- I authored a book, "BEYOND THE HORIZON: A GUIDE TO RECOVERY FROM BRAIN INJURY AND OTHER HAPPENINGS."
- I served six years on the State Independent Living Council (SILC), during which I participated in disability advocacy and educational efforts around the country.
- Since launching my Life Coaching practice out of my garage in 2008, I have had the honor of working closely with many individuals and their families to realize their unique pictures of success.
- My resume includes jobs with diverse populations in settings ranging from an acute psychiatric crisis ward to vocational rehabilitation sites.
- MS in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Walden University, 2018
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) from Baraka Institute, 2009
- Graduate course work in Rehabilitation Counseling, 2005-2006
- BA from Lewis and Clark College, 2004
I grew up alongside an older brother on the autism spectrum and spent much of my childhood helping out in his classrooms and extracurricular programs. Then at age 12 I was hit by a semi-truck and sustained a severe traumatic brain injury. The next fifteen years of my life were host to a long string of successes and setbacks. Near the end of those fifteen years I was introduced to martial arts, through which I gained confidence and learned to move in ways I had previously considered impossible. As my physical body grew stronger and more agile, so too did my mental and spiritual faculties. Since that time, I have continued to seek and pursue opportunities to further hone my skill sets. The satisfaction that comes with hard work and dedication has become for me the ultimate joy in life.